Herbal Products » Gymnema Sylvestre
Gymnema Sylvestre is a plant, which finds use in Ayurvedic, folk and homeopathic systems of medicine. Leaves and root of Gymnema Sylvestre are used in the form of powder, paste and decoction to treat a diverse range of diseases. We offer Gymnema Sylvestre sourced from the finest farms and plantations in the country.
- Family name : Asclepiadaceae
- English name : Sugar destroyer, periploca of the wood
- Botanical name : Gymnema sylvestre
- Common name : Periploca of the woods, gudmar
- Used to treat gland inflammation, enlarged spleen, indigestion, constipation, jaundice, piles, sinusitis & cough, respiratory diseases, feeling of heaviness in head, urinary stone, and malarial fevers.
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory, anodyne, liver tonic, emetic and diuretic
- Used to stimulate the heart, increases urine secretion
- Used to control obesity (consumed as gymnema tea)
- Useful in hepatosplenomegaly, dypepsia, constipation, jaundice, halminthiasis, cardiopathy and amenorrhoea
- Lowers blood sugar level and treats both types of diabetes (consumed as powder)